The Medical Scribe performs scribing and clerical functions for providers to increase efficiency, productivity and enhance patient care delivery.
Accurately and thoroughly documents medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the provider, including provider-dictated notes.
Experience, Knowledge, and skills:
- Typing proficiency at 60 wpm or higher
- Demonstrate superior spelling, punctuation, grammar, and composition skills required to generate professional, polished writing at a high rate of production.
- Able to listen to complex medical information and summarize in a clear, complete, and concise fashion.
- Demonstrate understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment assessments to the extent required to understand and accurately transcribe dictated reports.
- Demonstrate and maintain computer literacy and proficiency with EMR, Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, and Internet applications.
- Work effectively and efficiently; assess needs, plan, and prioritize appropriately.
- Comply with HIPAA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information.
Qualifications and Education:
- Completion of Medical Scribe program preferred.
- Minimum one year of medical scribe experience preferred.