Anchorage Women’s Clinic is currently seeking a Medical Assistant Supervisor to join our team. If you are an RN, LPN, or CMA with at least 3 years’ supervisory experience, we want to hear from you!
The Medical Assistant Supervisor ensures efficient, accurate and quality patient service delivery and provider support. Responsibilities include:
- Mentor, develop, and provide clinical guidance to Certified Medical Assistants, Medical Scribes, and Clinical Assistants.
- Provide leadership in clinical problem-solving.
- Maintain full understanding of clinic policies and processes to ensure accurate, efficient operations.
- Serve as liaison between clinical and non-clinical stakeholders where necessary.
- Monitor performance and, in collaboration with the Practice Administrator, manage performance evaluation process, coaching opportunities and corrective actions for team.
- Coordinate interviewing, onboarding, and training process for new hires.
- Maintain team schedules to ensure proper coverage and minimize overtime.
- Manage clinic inventory processes and orders to maintain clinic supply par levels.
- Lead/develop regular team trainings and meetings.
- Ensure patient phone calls, letters and messages are returned in a timely manner and appropriately documented.
- Ensure proper maintenance of clinical equipment and coordination of repairs.
- Assist on floor when needed to ensure coverage.
- College degree, preferably in business administration, health care administration or other clinical degree. Associate’s required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ clinical supervisory experience in a physician’s office or urgent care clinic
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an RN, LPN, or CMA, preferably in a fast-paced medical office
- Knowledge of medical terminology, preferably in an OB/GYN environment
- Experience with an EMR system, Centricity a plus
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of current HR laws, employment management best practices and HIPAA compliance standards
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Able to function independently and self-directed